Mom Says Son Burned During Haircut At Salon

0

VILLA RICA, Ga. — A mother told Channel 2 Action News that her son returned from a haircut with first degree burns.

Amanda Faulkner told Channel 2’s Matt Johnson that her son goes to the salon inside the Villa Rica Walmart all the time with no problems.

That changed Friday when Faulkner says a stylist let clippers overheat and it burned her 6-year-old son on his neck.

“You go for a haircut you think to come out with less hair, not less skin,” Faulkner said.

Faulkner shared photos of the burn marks and thinks his stylist’s clippers were too hot while trimming his neckline.

She says a doctor told her, her son had first degree burns.

“You could see the clipper marks, the lines, exactly what they were,” Faulkner said.

She says it happened Friday at the Smart Style Family Salon inside of the Walmart.

Her husband had taken him for a haircut and as they were leaving they noticed bruises that got worse by the end of the day.

“It was pretty scary, I mean for a 6-year-old to have those kind of marks on him. It’s unnerving,” Faulkner said.

His neck is clear now after a couple days of anti-fungal cream.

But Falkner went back to the store Saturday for an apology or an explanation but says she got no response.

“I have not heard from a manger, a district manager, anybody,” Faulkner said.

After Johnson’s interview with Faulkner, she said a district manager told her they would look into the incident.

Johnson contacted the corporate office which sent this statement saying, “We take guest satisfaction very seriously; we are aware of the complaint and are investigating.”

But that may not be enough for Faulkner.

“We’ll look for someone we know or just do it at home. He’s a boy, we can figure it out,” Faulkner said.

Faulkner told Johnson she’s still waiting for a formal apology.

(source)

About author

No comments