On Monday, November 20th, the Georgia Dome will be imploded at 7:30AM.
- There will be NO public viewing areas for the implosion and traffic will be detoured out of viewable range of the implosion.
- People will be encouraged to watch the demolition via live streams on the Atlanta Falcons Facebook page and Atlanta United Facebook page as well as GWCC.org beginning at 7am EST.
- There will be a restricted exclusion zone as defined in the picture below. No one will be allowed to be inside of this perimeter beginning at 5:30AM until approximately 11:30AM.
- Please note that dust clouds should be expected after the immediate implosion of the building.
- Marta rail services on the West Blue/Green lines will be suspended from 2AM until approximately 10AM.
- The Philips, Vine City, Ashby, West Lake, H.E. Holmes and Bankhead stations will be closed.
- Marta bus routes in this area will be rerouted from 5:15AM until approximately 2PM. Marta bus bridges will be set up for the Green Line, Blue Line and a Purple express from H.E. Holmes all connecting to the Five Points station. Please visit www.itsmarta.com for updates.
To facilitate this process, the following streets will be closed between 5AM to 11:30AM.
- Andrew Young International Blvd, from Phillips Dr., to Centennial Pkwy NW
- Phillips Dr. from Centennial Pkwy NW to Andrew Young International Blvd NW
- Magnum St NW from MLK Jr Dr. to Marietta St NW
- Northside Dr. from MLK Dr. NW to Joseph E Boone Blvd NW
- Maple St NW from MLK Dr. NW to Northside Dr. NW
- Electric Ave NW from Maple St NW to Spencer St NW
- Postell St NW from Maple St NW to Rhodes St NW
- Rhodes St NW from Electric Ave NW to Northside Dr. NW
- Magnolia St NW from Electric St NW to Northside Dr. NW
- Thurmond St NW from Electric Ave NW to Northside DR NW